18 February 2013

REVIEW: L'Oréal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Waterproof Mascara

I've been wanting to try the L'Oréal Telescopic Waterproof Mascara (the original Telescopic mascara) for a while because Anna raves on and on about it, and her lashes are amazing.  Supposedly, she has lashes that are stumpy, stick-straight-forward, and too stubborn to hold a curl.

For some reason, the waterproof version doesn't seem to sell in Canada.  In the States, it's either always sold out or they don't sell it.  Saddness.  Especially since, I'm willing to pay $14 USD for it!
Apparently, they simply replace the $ with £ in the UK... yikes!

Last week, I saw Casey FIF/review the Shocking Extensions version of Anna's favourite... I was in awe.
Via Twitter, I asked Casey if her natural lashes hold curl well and she said they do not.  Despite this answer, I went with the waterproof version.




What the hell was I thinking that my lashes would be comparable to Casey's?!

I'm a big fan of the drier mascara formula, and this mascara definitely is a dry formula.  So dry to the point where it was super clumpy.  It started clumping before I was even finished with my first coat!  Plus, it didn't even curl my lashes at all -- It just made them stick out even straighter.

Maybe my lashes are too fine and there's too few of them.  Maybe it's because it's the extra tacky waterproof version.
Either way, my lashes didn't get along with the formula.  However, I am a huge fan of the brush!  If the formula wasn't so thick or if I had enough lashes to easily glide through, this would have been a separation dream.

This mascara is going straight to the garbage bin.  I have only used this twice (at home).  What a waste of $14.

Still, I'm tempted to just it a second go, in the non-waterproof formula... I'm optimistic.  Maybe, later.
Or, just try the original Telescopic mascara.
Or, just chill the crap out and stay with my HG Covergirl Last Blast Fusion in the water-resistant formula.
Damn this curiosity.

- M

1 comment:

  1. That brush looks so interesting! If the formula didn't get such poor reviews i'd be tempted to pick it up for that brush.

    Great site, I subbed! xx <3

    ReplyDelete