She stalked down the new Essie Summer 2012 collection, specifically Bikini So Teeny.
I attempted to convince myself that I didn't need it, because I felt like it was exactly like my Lapiz Of Luxury (which has is my all-time favourite nail colour). Needless to say, I failed... since you're reading this post now.
|Here we go.|
- Both can be considered "periwinkle" but Bikini So Teeny seems more of a white-based periwinkle, whereas Lapiz Of Luxury is a lavender-based periwinkle.
Karen (Makeup and Beauty Blog) has a
less ghettoprofessional picture of Bikini So Teeny that is true to the colour I see on my nail: Click!
The Lacquer Log has a
less ghettoprofessional picture of Lapiz Of Luxury that is true to the colour I see on my nail: Click!
- Until these photos compared to Bikini So Teeny, I've never noticed that Lapiz Of Luxury may have a bit of a grey tone in it... perhaps, it's because it has more purple in it?
- Bikini So Teeny could be considered a blue-r sky blue - the deep blue type that you would see on a sunny summer day with no clouds.
- Bikini So Teeny has a very discrete shimmer (you can see it catch the light in the second picture, above).
- Lapiz Of Luxury has no shimmer or sparkle.
- Both are opaque within 2-3 coats, but Lapiz Of Luxury appears a bit "sheer" compared to Bikini So Teeny - maybe because of Bikini So Teeny's white base?
- Both have a gloss finish.
- Both wear incredibly, without chipping.
P.S. Check out my previous post on my nail colours of choice for the Summer: Click!