The bag is of good quality. It's a silky polyester type of material. The zipper's very smooth and sturdy, and the zipper detail is nice.
It was quite the pleasant surprise, as usually bags that are free/gwp/part of a set are crap.
Now, let's get to the good stuff...
The set comes with one Velvet Gloss lip pencil and four Velvet Matte lip pencils. I love the Velvet Matte range, and don't really care for the other finishes...
- Velvet Gloss in New Lover
- Velvet Matte in Sex Machine
- Velvet Matte in Cruella
- Velvet Matte in Dolce Vita
- Velvet Matte in Never Say Never
An absolute steal in value!
The set was $50 CAD for a makeup bag and five lip pencils. I bought it during the VIB sale, and used Ebates, so I ended up paying ~$38 CAD.
If I were to consider the makeup bag as a gift with purchase, then these mini versions (containing 0.06 oz of product each) are about $8 CAD each. A full size version contains 0.08 oz of product, but costs $25 USD / $30 CAD each.
Here's a side by side comparison to the full size version of Dolce Vita.
- Velvet Gloss in New Lover - gold infused strawberry pink
- Velvet Matte in Sex Machine - pink mauve
- Velvet Matte in Cruella - scarlet red
- Velvet Matte in Dolce Vita - dusty rose
- Velvet Matte in Never Say Never - lilac rose
Velvet matte is the perfect description of this texture. It's not the traditional drying matte (no drag for colour payoff).
Awesome pigmentation, wear, and colours.
Cute and practical makeup bag.
This NARS x Guy Bourdin Promiscuous Lip Pencils Coffret is limited edition, so go get it quick before it sells out! It's a perfect holiday gift option for yourself ;)
I also did a post on Velvet Matte in Dragon Girl, if you're interested!