7 January 2014

Portland Beauty Haul (Sephora, Macy's, Nordstrom, Premium Outlets, Target, Walmart)

The boy and I had so much fun (tax-free) shopping in Portland in 2012 (blog post), we decided to go again around the same time in 2013!

December 26-29, 2013, the boy and I went to Portland with our friends.  We stayed at the same place again, The Nines, which I am still recommending.  Club level was definitely sweet.
We caught the Clippers vs. Blazers game on the 26th, and pretty much shopped the rest of the days.

Here's my beauty loot.



From Sephora:
So... I made VIB Rouge... lol...
All of these purchases were queued from the VIB sale because the price difference between USD and CAD.

  • Tarte Amazonian Clay 12hr blush in Blushing Bride - $26 ($31 in Canada)
  • Anastasia brow powder in Medium Brown - $23 ($30 in Canada)
    I bought this so I can stop travelling with the entire UD Naked palette just for Naked and Buck...
  • Sephora 3-in-1 sharpener - $10 ($12 in Canada)
    I bought it specifically for my NARS lip pencils
  • L'Occitane hand creams in Rose Des Champs (limited edition) - $12
    I was ecstatic to find these because I love the scent and they're sold out everywhere!
  • Origins Clear Improvement Mask - $24 ($28 in Canada)
  • REN Invisible Pores Detox Mask - $34 ($41 in Canada)
  • Urban Decay De-Slick oil-free makeup setting spray $29 ($35 in Canada)
  • NARS Pro-Prime smudge proof eyeshadow primer $24 ($29 in Canada)
  • Josie Maran travel size argan oil (my review) - $14USD ($18 in Canada)
  • Urban Decay 500 point perk (Mushroom eyeshadow, All Nighter spray, B6 spray, Anti-aging eyeshadow primer)
  • Dr. Jardt Black Label Detox Beauty Balm - stolen from the boy's Mia2 Detox Kit
  • Glam Glow mask - stolen from the boy's Mia2 Detox Kit


From Macy's:



From Nordstrom:

  • MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Medium (my review) - $30
  • Chanel  Rouge Allure in  136 Mélodieuse - $34
  • Jo Malone Wild Bluebell 3.4oz - $115
    not photographed


From Woodburn Premium Outlets:

  • Essie Sunday Funday - $3.71


Target/Walmart:

  • Up&Up Apothecary/beauty containers (3 pack) - $1.79
  • Up&Up Cotton Rounds (3 pack) - $5.99
  • Sonia Kashuk 109 Pointed Blending Brush - $3.99
  • EcoTools Tapered Blush Brush - $5.97
  • Simple Cleansing Wipes - $5.29
  • EOS lip balm in blueberry acai - $2.99
  • CoverGirl Clump Crusher water resistant mascara in black - $7.69 each
    I had a $4.50 coupon for any two CG products, so came to $5.44 each.


What have you hauled lately?

- M

6 comments:

  1. holy hauling lady! and you though my 20% off Sephora haul was crazy LOL! i'm so happy that you had a great time in portland! i was thinking of checking in with you when i popped into vancouver over xmas but i was there such a short time and i figured from your twitter you were out of town anyways. i really enjoyed portland when i went with the bf. we ended up going to the premium outlet around there and just walking around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn! That's a good haul! I love the Tarte blushes, I bought the palette at Christmas time it's nice but my fav colour is still exposed. Well done on the cheaper US items, I do that when I travel too. Sephora was more of a treat before it was in Vancouver. Now I try to wait to go to the US to purchase because everything is cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely on the same page with ya! i try to buy backups whenever i'm in the states :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. heehee *blush* yea, there were quite a few items on my buy list -- it resided in my phone and had been growing since November!


    yea, I fly into Calgary every Monday and leave every Thursday (where my client site is), so I'm not home for most of the week anyway. hope you're managing the crazy weather ok - my colleagues who fly to or from Toronto are telling me all about the cabbing/flying woes with the weather conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow what a commute! that's so crazy but my friend who worked for accenture use to fly into phildelphia from calgary every week so...i guess that's just the jetset life you guys live HAHAH.


    the weather was awful but thankfully i was in BC at the time of the ice storm though central toronto didn't feel much of that. still, its been about -35C here and all the pavements are literally ice. i nearly fell and died a number of times now.

    ReplyDelete